The information below is applicable to small businesses with employees in South Australia. If this does not apply to you, please feel free to forward this information onto any of your family, friends, colleagues, or people in your network who you believe could benefit from these measures.
The SA State Government has announced the availability of cash grants of $10,000 to small businesses, not-for-profits organisations, and sporting and community organisations, affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Please note these are available to South Australian businesses in addition to the Federal Government stimulus measures already announced, which include the Cash Boost and Jobkeeper packages.
To be eligible to receive the grant, the business must fit the following criteria:
- Employ people in South Australia.
- Have annual turnover of more than $75,000 (GST exclusive).
- Have an annual payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian Government.
- Have an ABN and were carrying on the operation of the business in South Australia on 1 March 2020.
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions. (Businesses eligible for the Commonwealth JobKeeper payment will be deemed to be highly impacted).
- Apply by 1 June 2020.
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business.
- The business has received any South Australian Government grants provided to address COVID-19 related business impacts, the value of these payment(s) will be deducted from the $10,000 grant.
- The business is part of a group of companies that is registered for payroll tax and will receive the payroll tax waiver, the business is ineligible for this grant.
The application process is not available for the grant as yet, however you can register your interest by providing your contact details at the link below. Once you register, you will be advised by email when the application process opens.
Please see the following links for current information regarding the $10,000 grant, and other measures announced by the SA Government.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the team at Rawson Verco Need if you require any assistance with interpretation of the announcements or determining your eligibility.